At Olive our mission is to help investors achieve financial goals with more control than ever before. We’re unlocking the power of listed options to give retail investors the investment outcomes they want.
There are over 80M US adults with non-retirement brokerage accounts, but what to invest in has never been a more difficult question. With bonds yielding negative real returns, stocks trading at an all-time high, and volatility likely to be more frequent, options can help.
Investing in options has been an overwhelmingly poor experience for most investors. Greeks, complex math, and chains of data make options seem difficult, risky, and ultimately inaccessible to most investors. Banks, insurers, and asset managers have built a $1 trillion market selling structured investment outcomes to wealthy people in the forms of structured notes, annuities, and ETFs. We want to level the playing field and give every investor the ability to control their financial outcomes.
We are headquartered in Hudson Yards, NYC though our team is made up of a global team of mostly contract designers, engineers, data scientists, financial analysts, and product managers who are working toward a common goal of making outcome investing easy and accessible. We are currently building out our full-time founding team and are excited to find our first 10 employees.
Olive is seeking a Cloud Architect to develop a fully cloud solution that meets our criteria, is more secure, and offers a more collaborative approach to using data. In this role you will help grow our cloud capabilities by strategizing, defining, architecting, and leading modern cloud solutions. You will get to discuss real business problems and identify opportunities to tackle them with cloud technologies. As a Cloud Architect at Olive, you will use your knowledge, experience, and intuition to build the strongest and most durable cloud infrastructure.
What You’ll Do
- Establish best practices for cloud usage within our organization, including network and storage systems.
- Develop and coordinate cloud architecture across diverse areas including application development, identity and access management, network and data management, and security.
- Convert the technical requirements of products and features into the architecture and design that will guide the final product.
- Bridge the gaps between complex business problems and solutions in the cloud.
- Guide members of our technology team, including software and DevOps engineers.
- Provide top cloud architecture solutions that are cost-effective, scalable, and give stakeholders what they want, as well as the stability and security they need.
- Oversee governance and create plans to mitigate any risks that security and governance might identify.
- Estimate cloud infrastructure costs, set, and adhere to budgets.
Who You Are
- 3+ years designing and managing solutions using GCP.
- 8+ years progressive managing functional analysis, design, coding, configuration and project management in other functional areas experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A solid understanding of cloud computing fundamentals, its advantages, and disadvantages, as well as knowledge of the options and limitations that cloud services can provide.
- Expert knowledge of GKE, GCP, Kafka, Microservices, Python, Go, Streaming Data Pipelines, BigQuery.
- Able to apply critical thinking to the functions of various components.
- Delivered design to-dos, charts, and documentation to boil down complexities
- Previously worked on cloud application designs, cloud approval plans, and systems required to manage cloud storage.
- Experience dealing with the nuances of cloud technology to deliver a solution that meets the needs of the big picture
- Exceptional communication with the ability to listen, understand, take what you hear, and apply that to your problem solving, technical and otherwise.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or relevant field.
- Google Cloud Architect certification.
Olive is Virtual First
We believe that the future of work is Virtual First, meaning our Team will primarily work remotely with hubs in NYC, and Florida for in-person collaboration and team events. We welcome applications from across the United States, if you’re open to travel to a hub as and when needed.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.