At Olive our mission is to help investors achieve financial goals with more control than ever before. We’re unlocking the power of listed options to give retail investors the investment outcomes they want.
There are over 80M US adults with non-retirement brokerage accounts, but what to invest in has never been a more difficult question. With bonds yielding negative real returns, stocks trading at all time high, and volatility likely to be more frequent, options can help.
Investing in options has been an overwhelmingly poor experience for most investors. Greeks, complex math, and chains of data make options seem difficult, risky, and ultimately inaccessible to most investors. Banks, insurers, and asset managers have built a $1 trillion market selling structured investment outcomes to wealthy people in the forms of structured notes, annuities, and ETFs. We want to level the playing field and give every investor the ability to control their financial outcomes.We are headquartered in Hudson Yards, NYC though our team is made up of a global team of mostly contract designers, engineers, data scientists, financial analysts, and product managers who are working toward a common goal of making outcome investing easy and accessible. We are currently building out our full-time founding team and are excited to find our first 10 employees. The Role
Olive is seeking a Compliance Officer for its broker dealer operations, who will coordinate review of new and relevant US and international regulations. This position requires close coordination with key stakeholders in the firm, working directly with our CEO. The right candidate should aspire to be Chief Compliance Officer.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain up to date CRD registrations & Regulatory
- Help with Compliance Assessments & Ad Hoc projects
- Checking clients’ accounts for suitability, disclosures, etc.
- Provide guidance to support the design, implementation and oversight of the Compliance Program established to support a broker-dealer.
- Monitor and act upon regulatory developments, associated regulatory obligations, support the assessment and completion of regulatory filings associated with Alternative Capital Partners business activity, including those required by FINRA.
- Identify and train employees on Compliance Risk exposure that might impact Olive’s businesses and coordinate accordingly with the CEO on internal processes and controls, including applicable regulation, and NDA review.
- Create and provide various reports, sales and trading summaries, review marketing material, respond to due diligence and KYC requests, maintain email surveillance, and more as may be requested.
- Maintenance of Code of Ethics, including review and approval of requests related to personal investments, outside business activities, gifts and entertainment, and political contributions.
- Maintaining compliance drafting, updating policies and procedures, training employees, and assisting in compliance testing and preparation for regulatory exams.
- NDA review, and review and analysis of potential conflicts of interest.
- Monitoring compliance with regulatory guidance for all aspects of the Firm’s business including assisting with transactional due diligence and managing anti-bribery, anti-corruption and AML processes for fund transactions, trading, best execution, investor reporting, and regulatory filings.
- Assisting/Preparation of annual compliance review and other Compliance duties as
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field
- 3+ years experience in Broker Dealer compliance
- Series 24 License.
- Experience interpreting and applying FINRA rules.
- Strong analytical, process management and communication skills.
- Ability to apply requirements and provide compliance advice, including in a fast-paced business setting.
- Experience with formulating compliance monitoring and control activities.
- Aptitude in drafting compliance policies and procedures and carrying out risk assessment.
- Good knowledge or awareness of regulatory requirements concerning International Trade Controls and Economic Sanctions, Money Laundering, Fraud, and Bribery and Corruption.
- Good understanding of control processes and systems.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a highly dynamic and changing matrix environment.
- General knowledge and understanding of industry standard operational functionality, tools,
technology, processes, and controls
Olive is Virtual First
We believe that the future of work is Virtual First, meaning our Team will primarily work remotely with hubs in NYC, and Florida for in-person collaboration and team events. We welcome applications from across the United States if you’re open to travel to a hub as and when needed.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.