At Olive our mission is to help investors achieve financial goals with more control than ever before. We’re unlocking the power of listed options to give retail investors the investment outcomes they want.
There are over 80M US adults with non-retirement brokerage accounts, but what to invest in has never been a more difficult question. With bonds yielding negative real returns, stocks trading at all time high, and volatility likely to be more frequent, options can help.
Investing in options has been an overwhelmingly poor experience for most investors. Greeks, complex math, and chains of data make options seem difficult, risky, and ultimately inaccessible to most investors. Banks, insurers, and asset managers have built a $1 trillion market selling structured investment outcomes to wealthy people in the forms of structured notes, annuities, and ETFs. We want to level the playing field and give every investor the ability to control their financial outcomes.
We are headquartered in Hudson Yards, NYC though our team is made up of a global team of mostly contract designers, engineers, data scientists, financial analysts, and product managers who are working toward a common goal of making outcome investing easy and accessible.We are currently building out our full-time founding team, and are excited to find our first 10 employees.
Olive needs an experienced Backend Engineer to drive our web and mobile application development. You will be developing and building a customer interfacing application, writing maintainable code, providing support to internal teams, as well as delivering products within a dynamic and modern environment. The right candidate for this role should be self-directed, a critical thinker and an excellent communicator. Additionally, you should have a demonstrable record of excellence, in either your personal, academic or professional history.
What You’ll BeDoing
- Drive innovation and design solutions for consumer-facing applications.
- Participate in end-to-end design, development, and testing of solutions.
- Architecting, building, and maintaining applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and code to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Code reviewing the work of developers on complex areas of solutions and on a periodic basis.
- Improve application performance, establish better engineering processes.
- Leverage and improve existing solutions in our codebase while also identifying opportunities and driving discussions for best practices and performance gains
- Own architectural decisions and the technical build-out as we scale.
- Collaborate with design and product management to conceptualize new product features from the ground up.
- Keep up to date on cutting edge technologies and effectively incorporate that knowledge into our platform roadmap, design and implementation.
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining production-level cloud-native micro services.
- Ability to write clean, well-documented, tested, and readable code.
- Experience withPython/Go/NodeJS or other backend programming languages.
- Leveraged internal and 3rd party APIs for deep integrations with all platforms.
- Knowledge of current industry coding standards, tools, and best practices.
- Able to maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Can diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Experience with source control, such as Git.
- Familiarity with CI/CD.
- A degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience with Google CloudPlatform (GCP) and Kubernetes.
- Experience in Fintech and/or options trading (professional or personal).
Olive is Virtual First
We believe that the future of work isVirtual First, meaning our Team will primarily work remotely with hubs in NYC, and Florida for in-person collaboration and team events. We welcome applications from across the United States, as long as you’re open to travel to a hub as and when needed.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity orVeteran status.