At Olive our mission is to help investors achieve financial goals with more control than ever before. We’re unlocking the power of listed options to give retail investors the investment outcomes they want.
There are over 80M US adults with non-retirement brokerage accounts, but what to invest in has never been a more difficult question. With bonds yielding negative real returns, stocks trading at all time high, and volatility likely to be more frequent, options can help.
Investing in options has been an overwhelmingly poor experience for most investors. Greeks, complex math, and chains of data make options seem difficult, risky, and ultimately inaccessible to most investors. Banks, insurers, and asset managers have built a $1 trillion market selling structured investment outcomes to wealthy people in the forms of structured notes, annuities, and ETFs. We want to level the playing field and give every investor the ability to control their financial outcomes.
We are headquartered in Hudson Yards, NYC though our team is made up of a global team of mostly contract designers, engineers, data scientists, financial analysts, and product managers who are working toward a common goal of making outcome investing easy and accessible. We are currently building out our full-time founding team, and are excited to find our first 10 employees.
We are looking for an experienced UI/UXDesigner with strong leadership, out-of-the-box thinking and the ability to get into the mind of the consumer. The ideal candidate should have a flair for design, be intrigued by human behaviour, and can communicate how it impacts the product effectively as well as execute a plan to address the data that was found. We move fast, iterating quickly on the most important challenges facing our customers’ experience. OurDesign Director will collaborate across the company, and build a team of their own.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Drive product strategy, and execution across the business for product design, UX and UI.
- Liaise with engineering to define roadmaps, strategy, and innovation to fit business goals.
- Define and follow strong product development processes and practices in close partnership with the CTO to remove any roadblocks and ensure alignment is a top priority.
- Analyze customer data and feedback to inform product development ideas, check for viability, and negotiate improvements with engineers and product managers.
- Be accountable for the client’s experience of the product across all touch points.
- Hire, coach, mentor and lead a team of product designers to whom you will pass on UX and UI expertise by sharing best practices, scalable processes, and design systems.
- Advocate for design, champion customers.
- 10+years of design experience.
- 5+ years leading teams of product designers.
- 2+ years designing products for trading and/or FinTech applications.
- A strong portfolio reflective of your background and skills.
- Expertise in Figma and similar design tools.
- Highly skilled collaborator and communicator of design rationale with cross-functional teams and executives.
- Deep knowledge of user experience design processes and ability to continually improve concept to design to development processes.
- Able to prioritize and manage design milestones to successfully ship and iterate on consumer experiences.
- Demonstrable experience designing for we band mobile.
- Able to perform and improvise under tight timelines and a changing environment.
- Located in the greater New York City Metro area.
- Familiarity with financial markets.
Olive is VirtualFirst
We believe that the future of work isVirtual First, meaning our Team will primarily work remotely with hubs in NYC, and Florida for in-person collaboration and team events. We welcome applications from across the United States, as long as you’re open to travel to a hub as and when needed.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.